Blow through???

Dan_GTiR

Made for some interesting reading.

I like what I read about "the ecu does not need to be reprogrammed for blow through"

Might give this ago when I come to fit my fmic. Can soon revert it back to how it was.

Dan. :)

C

Crazy

Only one person :shock:

Yeah mate make sure you let us know the results as on that thread they talk about earlier spooling and crisper throttle responce so it might be a good mod :)

Keira

pts have done it on there rb25dett s13, was reading about it yestrday

they also run water injection after the maf from what i can make out in the picture 8)

maybe speak to them about it.

Keira

normally the turbo sucks air through the maf cos its placed before it..

after the turbo it blows :wink:

Dan_GTiR

It's got a real nice setup, and I like the way they got 405bhp at 1 bar of boost, very good going 8)

I'm quite suprised that no-one else on the forum as actually tried this type of setup :?

As it means there is no restriction of the MAF to the turbo, therefore, say you're using a turbo with 4" inlet, you could have a whopping great filter and 4" inlet pipe, to suck in plenty of cold air.

Dan. :)

Keira

way off topic but..........

a friend of mine is getting the bits and pieces together to build a rb26dett :shock: powered s13 at the mo, nearly all there 8)

think he's leaving it alone on the outside so if in 6 months time you see a white s13 with no spoiler, front mount, lowered, wheels and nur spec exhaust that sounds abit different to your normal ca18det sx dont bother racing him :wink: :lol:

jameswrx2

Nice link mate.

Only thing I'd say is that why do manufacturers not use this setup as standard?. It's been done in Japan before and I'm sure would have been considered by new car manufacturers, the very fact it's not on new evo's impreza's etc coming out of Japan suggests there may be a downside.

I'd like to see a decent test before trying it, maybe before and after with data logging of both.

the main issue I'd be worried about is the throttle flap closing causing shockwaves and or air flow back past the MAF.

Tempting to try though :?

nismoboy

Does`nt really benifit us R owners does it :?: as the turbo sits central at the front on our cars, Right behind the radiator and the only way to get a good air feed to the turbo is to use an induction pipe and fit the airfilter right behind the headlight. As this is the closest and best place on the R for cold air.