blow through setup

blow through MAF setup.

is there any gain in this over the standard set up?

and can i use my Z32 MAF on the standard ECU?

Fusion Ed

blow through should work ok, you would need map checked but you will need it changed/corrected anyway if you were going to use a z32. you wouldn't really stand to gain that much other than perhaps a quicker throttle response.

low612

I switched to blow through cars drivibility is much better. I blew a few intercooler pipes off the first week of testing and it was nice to be able to drive home normally(no boost though). If your retaing your current maf you won need a remap otherwise if your upgrading maf yes a remap is required. The car wont gain HP but will have a bit of better throttle response and run crisper/cleaner.
Iam running open Tial BOV now as well with no issues.

Trip

Since air temp will be higher after the turbo Vs before, the voltage output from the MAF(hotwire) will be lower at any given boost level if temp is higher. So stricktly speaking the boost limits of the MAF will increase(to the better) with a blow through.

Is this correct ?

Fusion Ed

Trip, the mass airflow meters measure literally the moles of air passing throug them, and auto correct for temp. (hence why one hot and one cold) in theory at least the voltage should remain the same. If the intercooler is good you may get lower temps than those the airflow meter would pick up under the bonnet since most of them are placed behind the rad.