best place for amp

zia

unfortunely i have no stereo in my car for now 2 month's. :cry: .getting quite boring to say the least. it just so happen's that i have my old unit from previous car. an "alpine" but this is the competition version has no speaker outputs. but luclkly i have an amp. but seeing as the r is quite small am having difficulty deciding where to put it? any sujjestion. oh amp is meduim size.

zia

JIMMYBACK

well u can do that it depends on wot power your gonna runn and if the amp can be placed upset most wont because they will get hot :shock:

zia

mmm wiring to shelf would be nightmare and then not being able to remove the shelf would be pain. how about inside rear quarter panel? enough room once you remove the panel. not sure how to bolt it in place? :?

zia

Dan_GTiR

Just mount the amp to the back of the seat. Use a piece of MDF to screw to the seat, the screw the amp to the MDF.

J

jiw

ive screwed straight to tha back of the seats before, just make sure it is raised so that air can circulate to the rear of the amp and it will last a lot longer, dont do amps in the pulsar though, not what i bought it for :p