Bending actuator arm, 3071 fitment

ChrisS

Im just installing a forge actuator on my 3071 and the actuator rod is going to need a good bend to fit. Im guessing this is fairly normal to have to do as the existing one is also bent to fit but will bending it cause any issues for it operating properly??

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Aren't you supposed to request a GTi-R actuator arm? I know the Forge ones come in straight or pre-bent for our cars.

EDIT: My bad - they sell both as being for the GTi-R, but this is the one I was thinking of. (This must be the one you have.)

ChrisS

Aren't you supposed to request a GTi-R actuator arm? I know the Forge ones come in straight or pre-bent for our cars.

EDIT: My bad - they sell both as being for the GTi-R, but this is the one I was thinking of. (This must be the one you have.)
the forge one is a gtir one, I dont have a gtir t28 though hence why it needs bending ;)

stumo

Cheers, couldnt see a problem provided it doesnt catch but got a bit paranoid about bending my shiny new bit!!!

you'd be better to strip the actuator and then bend the rod. You might damage the diaphragm if you don't.

red reading

will the dirt stop it snapping or getting damaged?
yeah.. then after you've done that put it on the floor and piss on it,as amonia season's aluminium and the warmth will stop the steel rod from retaining it's old shape memory;-)

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
In that case I'm going to piss all over my engine bay before the rolling road day.... there's nothing like the smell of hot piss on an exhaust!
I'll bet I get an extra 20bhp from it.

shroom

I did that on a motorcross bike didnt work though realy stunk the smell of boiling piss on the engine :)