battery behind seat

GTIR1000

I have a stripped out rear interior so was thinking of putting the battery behind the passenger seat no point runnuing it all the way to the boot. How have people fixed theres down is there a certain place i dont want to be drilling holes and hitting something i shouldnt

cheers jamie

skiddusmarkus

I have put mine behind the drivers seat, its an odyssey drycell as I don't want a normal one leaking acid out in an accident.I bought a bracket for it off ebay too which is a good fit and made of alluminium(I sprayed it black).I then initially self tapped this to the bit of the floor that comes up at 90 degrees and would be behind your calves if sat in the back if you know what I mean.I wasn't happy with how secure this was though so swapped the self tappers for M6 nuts,bolts and washers and waxoyled it all on the outside.

TBH I wish I'd kept it where it in the place I 1st moved it to which was in the boot near the N/S suspension/light as it was much easier to access there but I was going a bit overboard with weight distribution.

Edited to correct.

Last edited:

Spikey

I have mine behind the rear Light on the Passenger side. I think its better for weight if your racing alone ;)

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
I have mine behind the rear Light on the Passenger side. I think its better for weight if your racing alone ;)
As above.

All I did was removed the tray and clamp from in the engine bay, welded it to the floor (behind the passenger seat) of the car and ran some industrial cable from that back into the engine bay.

Nothing fancy, just simple, cheap and I've never had a problem with it.

skiddusmarkus

Edited my post, mine was in the same place but made a new battery tray as at that stage I had a larger diesel battery in which started 1st time every time.