auto ilussions dials help.

k20 gtr

Can somebody help me with the wiring in of the dials, The dials are all done its just the actual wiring into the cars loom....
What do i do?
There is two white wires with a pink trace and a red and black wire. Both are coming out of the other side of the box. Do i fuse them, were do they tap into? Thanks

gtir bean

from what i remember when i had mine it was just a red and black wire from the black box,earth and a live thats only live when the lights are on.

k20 gtr

Do you meaan to the lights or to the cars wiring loom? Anyidea wha the white ones do, it has a little block connecter just visable in the pic.
Where did you get you power supply from? :thumbsup:

gtir bean

do you have the 3 centre dials too?looks like thats what that should go to.i just got power from a live that was only live hen the lights were on.im sure you need all the dials for them to work.

noriek2003

shouldn't the white ones have the little pressure control on them that changes brightness...i cant remember the set up, was to long ago i messed with those horrid things...lol

k20 gtr

Yeah i have the centre ones too.
Everything is connected out of one side of the box, to the dials but out of the otherside there is the 2 white with pink trace and the red and black not connected to anything.
A few months ago i found a very small red square switch with nothing connected to it and found it strange, then this. So could that be the controller for the brightness?
God knows why they have been disconnected, do they go wrong at all, maybe they were disconnected because one of the dials had blowen?
My ordinary dash lights still work and shine threw but were just dim and then i took my dash apart to see if i could improve this, to realisie, i did'nt just have silver dials they were electronic...

gtir bean

they look slightly different to the ones i had but mine were from the first set of these sort of dials i think and even on the di,setting they were too bright in my opinion.maybe thats why they were disconected?i know it got on my tits when driving at nigh having to squint like when its sunny but its pitch black with no cars coming towards you.thats why i got rid of mine.

k20 gtr

Mine is a sunny so there is wee differences. Clock etc
I wired them up there working perfectly, the white and pink are a switched circuit so i wired in a switch that gives me 4 settings of light.
They look fantastic, so much better than the white light that was attempting to show threw before :-D