Are other sr20det shims compatable.

projectgtir

Im currently in the process of shimming the head I need alot of shims and guides .
Phoned nissan and these are now £25 each .

Found shims for $10 on frs sport so would be loads cheaper .

nimhbk

I purchased a head set of brand new ones on ebay for £10
would of sent you the old ones but i chucked them as i did not think any one would want them

projectgtir

Cheers , looks like its the feeler gauge job then.
Or I might get some custom made, steel shouldnt cost that much .
What a joke £25 pound for a tiny bit of metal .

projectgtir

I will speak to my tool room friend tomorrow where i work ,im no good at maching but he is .Has access to a lathe and miller etc...

Yeah the guide is a weird shape so imagine it would be more work ,where as the flat shim should be easier.

Do you know what grade of steel the shims are made of red reading . Or the best way of finding out. I cant see the parts bloke at nissan knowing tbh lol.

Don't hold me to this, but I think KTM 990's and Harley V-rods use the same diameter shim and after market ones are cheap and readily available. So that would just leave the guides

P

pulsarboby

bit off topic but im actually now going to start using a guide shim on every valve stem as opposed to one, as ive found that it massively reduces the chances of the rocker being thrown if one of the valves happens to bounce.
dont know if anyonmes done this yet but it definately must be an improvement over using one flat shim and just the one locator

projectgtir

Was thinking about that myself bob, its not till you see them you realise why our engines suffer with the arm jumping off . Makes me wonder weather theres a reason nissan never did it though.

shimms

friend of mine has tried it with the castle shim as i re-shimmed it for him and it runs fine did approx 2 months ago as i had loads of left over shims from my previous pulsars