ARC top mount on ebay

paz

I can't believe people will pay that much money for one of these :lol: - currently £225.

davey red.r

agreed paz,why not just stick a arc sticker on the original top mount:lol: save a lot of bloody money:lol:

davey

Animaldaz

Not everyone wants an Fmic so this is the best alternative, i think its worth it although i didnt pay that much for mine.

johnsy

do you still get heat soak. im looking into a fmic looking forward to fitting it my self, but need to sort brakes first

Sam_M

Id rather have an ARC than a FMIC, I believe you can run more boost safely with the ARC and it will get the charge temps down quicker if you have been standing in traffic for a while,

I have no intention of changing the Standard turbo, I still have the standard TMIC and and the only time it would be a problem with Heat Soak is in traffic, but I dont tend to do the Traffic Lights Grand Prix so its not a problem. ARC all the way :D

OH yeah and I wouldnt pay more than £200 max for one mind you.

antgtir

Its strange that one as the end tanks have been modified i.e. lengthened by the looks of it as my ARC TMIC doesn't have those welds on it?

I wonder if its an early or later design to the one i have?

Ant.

Animaldaz

yeah ive noticed that, mine doesnt have them either. Ive been trying to find out the difference between the two models and so far have drawn a blank.

paz

This is the thing, if I still had my R I'd be open to the idea of an ARC, as the standard top mount didn't do a bad job apart from the heat soak. Its just the money they're going for now, a few years ago they were going for peanuts!

antgtir

How much for though? I thought they were up for a min of about £500 which im sure no one in their right mind would pay considering you can get the second hand version for less than half.

As ive said in the past, i didnt notice much of an increase in performance (although the car wasn't running at its best) but i did notice the change in the ability of the ARC TMIC to keep cool, much better than the OE version.

What have others found?

Ant.

marcymarc

antgtir said:
How much for though? I thought they were up for a min of about £500 which im sure no one in their right mind would pay considering you can get the second hand version for less than half.

As ive said in the past, i didnt notice much of an increase in performance (although the car wasn't running at its best) but i did notice the change in the ability of the ARC TMIC to keep cool, much better than the OE version.

What have others found?

Ant.
I know what your saying with the price of them new, it is ridiculous, i wouldnt pay it but people are willing to spend sometimes around £350 for a battered 10 year old example

The bidding on the ebay one hasnt done yet , wouldnt supprise me if it went for more than the £225 the bidding is at now.

Id rather spend £500 on a new one than any sub £250 amount on a decade old one, but i suppose thats just my opinion ofcause.

marcymarc

antgtir said:
Any links / pics?

I wonder what the improvements are? Maybe a slightly large core.

Ant.

From what i gather the newer ones use the M series core, dont think the mseries core was in production when they first started production years ago.

there a guy on yahoo auction japan who sometimes list these cooler and he has a really detailed picture and breakdown of the m75 core, which is the rnn14 core.

ill have a look for it.