Anti lift kit

nismoboy

Is the white line anti lift kit(kca346) worth getting :?: am i right in thinking this will get rid of the front end lifting on accelleration and heavy braking?
Also what other effects does this kit have on the R :?: Ive also heard some bad things about this kit, that it makes the car wonder alot :?: is this true :?: Do u think its worth getting :?: or shall i leave well alone :?: thanks nis.

O

Odin

kieron said:
The only thing humble about you is what's in you trousers :shock: :wink: .

rob

ps Edd told me all about you peewee :lol:

Keira

H as in honest, i dont do humble :wink:

Its huge when talking trouser contents :lol:

I.e

Its My Huge Organ :wink:

It was to big for edd, even after you broke him in for me it still made him wince :shock: he was telling you that just to make you feel that 3inches was normal :lol:

A

AZ STE

The antilift kit is worth getting as it upgrades the rear wishbone mount .What you have to consider however is that their difficult to fit as the original old mounts are a nightmare to remove from the wishbones.

Keira

The old bushes are a cnut to get off.

best way is to cut them off, (cheers fast guy :wink: ) after strugging to knock them off i cut the last one off with a dremmel in under 10mins 8)

O

Odin

It move's the pivet point over a bit changing the angle of the wishbone.

standard the wishbone is in the centre of the mount the whiteline kit move's it towards the outside I think so changing the angle , So instead of being central it's off set.

rob

Someone will do a better job on this I'm sure.

youngsyp

nismoboy said:
AZ STE said:
The antilift kit is worth getting as it upgrades the rear wishbone mount .
The rear? resulting in what? does it mess up the camber?
He means the rear mounting bush of the front wishbone. The basic idea behind the kit is to change the pivot point, as V states, in order to increase the positive castor angle. This will reduce understeer when powering out of bends etc... It is also made of polyurethane so, won't allow as much movement as the standard porridge :lol: bushes. While you're at it, you may as well uprate the other front bushes to urethane items. This can be bought from www.superflex.co.uk Also, check you balljoints and replace these with Nismo ones if necessary.

Oh, and very worthwhile :wink:

O

Odin

youngsyp said:
nismoboy said:
AZ STE said:
The antilift kit is worth getting as it upgrades the rear wishbone mount .
The rear? resulting in what? does it mess up the camber?
He means the rear mounting bush of the front wishbone. The basic idea behind the kit is to change the pivot point, as V states, in order to increase the positive castor angle. This will reduce understeer when powering out of bends etc... It is also made of polyurethane so, won't allow as much movement as the standard porridge :lol: bushes. While you're at it, you may as well uprate the other front bushes to urethane items. This can be bought from www.superflex.co.uk Also, check you balljoints and replace these with Nismo ones if necessary.

Oh, and very worthwhile :wink:
That what I was trying to get across but badly :oops: .

rob

ashills

i keep telling u all i can get the anti lft kit of superflex and its a fair bit cheaper
whole car in poly works out at about 220ish

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
kieron said:
The old bushes are a cnut to get off.

best way is to cut them off, (cheers fast guy :wink: ) after strugging to knock them off i cut the last one off with a dremmel in under 10mins 8)
*Disclaimer* :wink:
Just becareful when you do it this way that you don't keep cutting into the wishbone itself. :( The mount is rubber coated inside and out, so when you go through the metal, you've go about 1mm or so of rubber to go before you're cutting the wishbone. It does make it alot quicker tho :)

When I fitted it, the car did seem to wander about, but not as much as when I'd fitted my Tein super streets and I had 20degrees of toe out :shock: It seems ok now I've had the tracking done.