another very quick question; best place to buy pistons?

M

mynheers_a_pint

Hi all. I have done a very quick search and not had much luck so i thought i would ask out right- where is the best place to get forged pistons, specifically CP?

SRB power seem to offer them at a very resonable price but if anyone has better sources i would happily accept the information!

Ta!

Empty Pockets

Not cp mate but i can get 20% off hks stuff at ggr . Think it works out about 660 plus delivery, got bobby his h/gasket off them, only a couple of days delivery as there in the u.k. Let me know if you want it sorted mate and i'll give them a ring and let them know your calling. Any hks stuff by the way, not just pistons. Russ

M

mynheers_a_pint

Consider JE, I know they have been used on SR20s making over 900bhp... :)

I was, but it was information on here that made me steer clear...

... and lets not forget, the average Joe is not going to be attempting to run that knid of power.

So i guess it begs the question;

CP, JE or Wiseco?!

Fusion Ed

Stay clear of JE?!! I have used them in loads of engines often one off custom made sets, and never had a problem!!

Mr GTiR

I was, but it was information on here that made me steer clear...
That's b0ll0cks! I've got JE's in mine and they are spot on.

I use to import JE's for groupbuys and ordered enough of them! iirc Kieron is using JE in his engine, granted they have ceramic tops and teflon coated skirts but they are still JE at the end of the day. I don't think anyone on here is going to make more power than Kieron!

Last edited:
M

mynheers_a_pint

That's b0ll0cks! I've got JE's in mine and they are spot on.
It was something to do with notching for oil squirters and that they may require modification. It wasn't that i was disputing their quality, merely that there were better options that didn't require such a modification.

noriek2003

mynheers_a_pint said:
It was something to do with notching for oil squirters and that they may require modification. It wasn't that i was disputing their quality, merely that there were better options that didn't require such a modification.
gtir specific pistons from je have the notch.

M

mynheers_a_pint

Your thinking of CP pistons when people first started buying them for the GTiR. iirc this was a problem about 5 years ago :lol:

Good stuff. I knew it was old info but rather than take the risk i aired on the side of caution.

Oh and Ericsperformance has just come back to me with Pulsar specific JE pistons for £387 delivered. Which is very good!

Empty Pockets

Good stuff. I knew it was old info but rather than take the risk i aired on the side of caution.

Oh and Ericsperformance has just come back to me with Pulsar specific JE pistons for £387 delivered. Which is very good!
It won't be so good if you get stung with import tax though will it? For the sake of 25 odd quid why dont you get the 413 pound set from the u.k? Quicker delivery, easier/better aftersales support if they turn up damaged , No risk of import tax, the list goes on. On the plus side though, You have a 50/50 chance of saving 25 quid, :doh::doh:

Mr GTiR

Is that for 87mm pistons? Just be careful. If the lead time is at least 6 weeks then they will be 87mm pistons as they are made to order while 86mm pistons are off the shelf for the Pulsar. Also if ordering from the US tell them you have a AWD SR20 DET and that will reduce the risk of being sent 200SX pistons ;-)

But from what I remember that is about right for 87mm GTiR pistons :thumbsup: