Another coilover question.

N

N1SMO

I have a set of jic coilovers the dampers are not adjustible but like all coilovers are way to hard, will changing the springs to softer ones make any difference to the ride quality, if so what is a good poundage for the front and the back.

Ps they are that hard the suspension does not move all i have is tyre flex.

Nad

Depends what weight u have in there at the mo. The set dampening rate will only normally allow a small variation either way of the supplied spring weight otherwise the setup will become mismatched. If the dampening is really slow putting too soft a spring in wont make too much difference. All I can say is go somewhere that supplies springs and ask if u can try a few out. They may possibly have a selection of used springs lying around to try out.

Lancer Register seem to use Promax a lot, other than that as long as they make springs or set cars up u should be ok in their hands.

Nad

M

memski

I read somewhere that 300 lbs/inch front and 250 lbs/inch rear is supposed to be a good compromise for comfort and handling.

N

N1SMO

Yes i would agree but i dont know what the rough ballpark is on spring poundage, should i be looking at 6kg/4kg front/back or 20kg/15kg.

if i jack the car up the space between the tyre and arch does not increse in size, i would be as well welding in some scaffolding bars for suspension. :oops:

sorry memski never saw your post there.

M

memski

6kg/4kg sounds good - I think Jics are more like 8kg/6 or 7kg :eek: