Another 200sx manifold question

Garef

Sorry I know these questions are asked all the time. I know that the manifold doesn't fit without a bit of modification thats fine, but i wanna know how much it costs roughly, who can do this for you and will this manifold fit with the standard turbo with modification, most manifolds i've found seem to be going on about fittings for bigger turbos. Sorry I'm just not too in depth with knowledge on this. The reason i ask is that some of u might know I'm back in America to finish my school and I can get these manifolds for really cheap, just wanna see if it's worthwhile buying one. Thanks, and i did do a search and found feck all. Cheers.

oap-r

I love Rob xxx
Garef said:
Sorry I know these questions are asked all the time. I know that the manifold doesn't fit without a bit of modification thats fine, but i wanna know how much it costs roughly, who can do this for you and will this manifold fit with the standard turbo with modification, most manifolds i've found seem to be going on about fittings for bigger turbos. Sorry I'm just not too in depth with knowledge on this. The reason i ask is that some of u might know I'm back in America to finish my school and I can get these manifolds for really cheap, just wanna see if it's worthwhile buying one. Thanks, and i did do a search and found feck all. Cheers.
Seeing as you're in America,why not get a proper 1 made up :doh:

It'll still be half the price you have to pay over here :thumbsup:

Keiron,Rob et all are getting beautifully crafted manifolds made up in the US of A for next to no money and you ask about modifying a 200sx item.Must be in school as a fookin janitor as you obviously aren't a very deep thinker :doh: :doh:

gtirx2

I am about to give this a go myself althought with a different s14 manifold design, and it involves a far bit of work.As for price it all depends who does it for you,i would think a tuner would charge a far bit of wedge to fit it for you as you most likely will have to mod the downpipe and proberbly the oil/water feed hoses also aswell as cutting the flange off the manifold and welding back on at a different angle.
I also don't think you are going to gain much by fitting a manifold while still keeping the standed turbo either. I think you will only gain when you start running a bigger turbo and lots of boost as the standed manifold is pretty efficent.
http://www.gtiroc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=21883&highlight=manifolds

O

Odin

oap-r said:
Must be in school as a fookin janitor as you obviously aren't a very deep thinker :doh: :doh:
:shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: Nice one old fella :thumbsup: .

As for not being a deep thinker, Doesn't the old saying go "WHEN IN ROME" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Rob

Garef

Sorry lads obviously not as intelligent as yourselves but if u don't ask questions then you'll never know the asnwer. Where are they getting their manifolds made up over here? Whats the price?

S

str_motorsport

you can get a direct fit manifold from full race for approx 900$
or Lovefab for a topmount manifold but will require new fans,downpipe oil lines..
or protech for bottom mount or low mount manifold...
i

MarkTurbo

Odin said:
Nicely welded fella 8) :thumbsup: .
Thanks, notice how ive welded a piece of metal in the centre and added a couple welds to brace it a bit to hopefully stop it cracking, or were you taking the p1ss :sad:

Like i said, it might not be to everybodys liking looks wise but it does the job!

O

Odin

No mate, I think its one of the best welding jobs I've ever seen :thumbsup: .

Rob