Amps

nimhbk

Have looked at all the battery in the boot posts,
But what amp batteries are people running as i have all the parts steve has said in his post apart from the most important the battery....

snoon

I just used the same battery i had under the bonnet!

I just asked at battery place which one and they just passed it over. Easy as that!

John

Same battery as I used up front, infact I used everything that was up front including all the battery restraining gear for lack of better word. I also used the water bottle from up front, its horrid to look at but works which is the main thing!

Picture of what it looks like :shock:

Animaldaz

Your better off with a bigger than standard battery really, having the long cables will increase the resistance so the poky little standard battery may struggle at certain times.

John

Animaldaz said:
Your better off with a bigger than standard battery really, having the long cables will increase the resistance so the poky little standard battery may struggle at certain times.
True, my battery tends to go flat after 3-4 days of sitting, hardly ideal :doh:

MORF114

mine goes flat quickly too its a pain in the ass,

Do you not have to have a box around your battery as its in cabin mot rule or isnt it a must in th uk?

youngsyp

nimhbk said:
Have looked at all the battery in the boot posts,
But what amp batteries are people running as i have all the parts steve has said in his post apart from the most important the battery....
My stock one is 260 CCA (cold cranking amps). Which is frankly pitiful.

I'm planning on moving the battery to the boot too and I'm going to go for a 540 CCA battery. That should be more than up to the job.

Go down to Halfords and have a look at their range. They have some very good batteries that are made by Yuasa and come with 3 or 4 year warranties !

Paul

John

MORF114 said:
mine goes flat quickly too its a pain in the ass,

Do you not have to have a box around your battery as its in cabin mot rule or isnt it a must in th uk?
Well im not sure, but no doubt I'll find out when it goes in for its MOT!

nimhbk

The guy that does my car work has done mot since the birth of time and he told me as long as it is braced in the photo so it can not move than that is fine.
He Just did not tell me what amp battery to get just go out and get a ford focus one