Am Performence Elbow/downpipe...etc

billy187

Im getting a custom "rc developments" :)lol:) exhaust for the car next week sometime hopefully and want to order an am performence elbow aswell....whats the issue with the downpipe?

can i order the elbow and then get a downpipe made up from there? or could i order both the downpipe and elbow from am performence? Want to get these on the car within the next few weeks hopefully as ive been talking to steve at fctuning for a remap and want to see if i can get the car to around 450bhp!

Any helps really appreciated...:oops:

projectgtir

iv'e just had the am performance elbow and down pipe fitted last weekend .Only issue so far is vibration through the floor every now and then, as the downpipe is too close, nothing too major .definate difference in performance to.

Braveheart

iv'e just had the am performance elbow and down pipe fitted last weekend .Only issue so far is vibration through the floor every now and then, as the downpipe is too close, nothing too major .definate difference in performance to.
It's not hung right and hitting the floor pan I guess!

lol, mine was a nightmare!!
Hung down really low causing it to hit the ground all the time (my car isnt lowered either). The zorst used to rest against floor pan and touch ARB causing horrible vibrations. Also the screamer pipe was always leaking so sounded like my zorst was blowing.
Complete waste of money IMO, i wish i never wasted my time getting one!
Also... with the AM performance elbow, its all one pipe (elbow and downpipe in one)

Last edited:

pulsar craig

shit i was looking at one of theres as there aint many option about really, what version of theres did u have as they do a few

I had the screamer pipe version. Oh yer and also i had to remove my A/C as the screamer pipe fouled with the compressor.... complete joke.
I was sent a replacement one without the screamer pipe which was better (as far as the aircon was concerend) but the other problems i listed above still remained.
It didnt make much difference performance wise either, justmade loads of noise lol.

billy187

this is the first ive heard about these problems, ive always heard alot of good stuff about the am performence elbows, anyone else got any bad experiances? should i not bother then? :doh:

matp5

I found that my AM down pipe up to the cat, fitment wasn't that bad, but the flanges are tiny! They should be thicker, leaks from almost every connection!

I have the AM performance elbow and down pipe on mine, and its fine.
Its close to the ARB but doesnt touch it.
I noticed a difference right away with mine fitted.
Also my goose system lost its rasp note from the exhaust aswell.

billy187

what sort of advantages should i see with the elbow and down pipe? taking into account that il have a proper custom exhaust on there aswell.....any disadvantages?

snoon

just get a custom one made up, mine is great quality and massive difference, well worth the cash.

Braveheart

this is the first ive heard about these problems, ive always heard alot of good stuff about the am performence elbows, anyone else got any bad experiances? should i not bother then? :doh:
The two piece system that I fitted seems great.... well manufactured and with no clearance issues.
My next plan is to replace the goose and have 3" through to the rear.