am performance elbow fouling on air con pipe

soin

hi , im having my lump rebuilt and the mechanic called today to ask about my air con , basically whether or not i use it .. reason being, the uprated elbow from am-performance is fouling one of the air con pipes ... i know most will say bin the air con but id rather keep it personally ,, how have people overcome this issue ? the garage say they could possibly refab the pipe to skirt around the elbow , but if we do ditch the air con is it just a case of stripping everything out and running a shorter belt ..

thanks in advance

soin said:
how have people overcome this issue?
By removing the aircon ;)

soin said:
the garage say they could possibly refab the pipe to skirt around the elbow , but if we do ditch the air con is it just a case of stripping everything out and running a shorter belt...
Yes. Remember to also remove the sodding great big iron bracket that the pump mounts to. It weighs about 5KG :lol: The replacement belt is either an 825 or an 845 from Halfrauds IIRC.

steve963

no you want an 835 is poss (frauds dont do em)
I couldnt get the 825 on... and the 845 slips at full adjustment, and take it from me its f***** anoying!!!

soin

so i take it its aircon or elbow then , has no one modded the pipework to retain a/c wonder if it can be done