Altenator's, are their two types?

J

jiw

Hi, im about to replace my altenator as its knackered and i have heard that their are two types off various people, is this true?, if so and i find the odd one is it possible to wire it up, mine has a battery terminal on the top, a two pin plug just below this and what i believe to be an earth on the side, help appreciated as its getting noisy, jeff :wink:

mattygti-r

thre are 2 types i was told by nissan

uk GTIR , import GTIR one

new Import gtir one from nissan is somim like £500notes

i got my old one recond for about £70 i think

J

jiw

I checked my mates import and it had a bosch altenator on and mine has a nissan jobby, he never had the two pin plug and i did, strange :?

geoff pine

think my alt is hitatchi when mine got noisy had the baerrings re placed cost 40£ plus vat new one nearer 300£ has been fine with no problems

DRC

if it's any use to anyone i just got a brand new one with all new parts. not nissan or a recon. (some japan company) for 130pounds all in. with out a trade in.
i though this as a steal :shock:

mattygti-r

Drc said:
if it's any use to anyone i just got a brand new one with all new parts. not nissan or a recon. (some japan company) for 130pounds all in. with out a trade in.
i though this as a steal :shock:
the pulsar alternators are made by Hitachi and use Mitsubishi parts inside (very odd but they do)

£130 is alot of money for the alternator

recon it fully will cost £60-70 depending on where you go coudl be cheaper just dpends what htey "replace"

DRC

the alternator was well and truley dead. My friends found a load of problems with it. it needed well over 150pounds of parts (so they said), but i went to nearely every place in the city looking for a recon unit or even new, and the closest i got to that was 230 pounds plus trade in. my friends did it at cost price. 130
i dont think i have ever seen a new alternator for these cars at a cheaper price .(brand new, not re-coned)