altenator

JIMMYBACK

can somone tell me how the hell can i get the altenator out the car i need to sort it asap :D :shock: :?

S

seanleed

Easiest way is to drop the radiator. There's a post explaining it all that I'd search for if I had time, but I'm suppossed to be getting ready for work :cry:

S

seanleed

I don't think you'll have to remove the compressor, but I'm not 100% sure on that. I'd already removed my A/C when I had to do my alternator, but the upside was that I didn't have to remove the radiator.
I unbolted the bracket that the alternator is fixed to from the engine and took it out from under the car, it was very awkward and I had a few skint knuckles after it.

JIMMYBACK

mattygti-r said:
jimmy you big fairy no u dont need to take the rad or the air con out..takes under an hour to do mate :wink:
i did cos the bolt was rusted in............wiv the help of the old man i got it out now :D
the earth had snapped as well so i gonna replace that n copper slip everything in sight.....a oil change is gonna get done as well..about bloody time :lol: :lol: :lol:

mattygti-r

cool , well if u fitted tha apexi rsm mate you could tell the battery voltage too, so could double check if hte alternator was kool and the gang :lol:

good stuff taht you got it sorted