Alarm for the R

20vturbogaz

hi i'm looking for a cat 1 alarm for my R and i don't know which one to go 4 any of you got any ideas .p.s cars got a turbo timer if this helps
cheers

MORF114

if you have tinted windows stay away from clifford as i had nothing but trouble from my clifford 600 alarm kept going off all the time early mornings etc you can turn the sensitivity down on them but for it to go off when a leaf lands on it or when the wind blows on it is a pain in the ass.
But they are pretty good alarms with a decent amount of features i would get one again if i didnt have tinted windows.

O

owens

im putting a toad ai606 on mine next week, its gonna cost £300 for the alarm, window lift module and to link it to a turbo timer, ive also been told the viper alarms are pretty good, the 480 is (apparently) the dogs danglie bits but ive not seen one in the flesh to back that up (they are made by directed, the people that make clifford) they are about £70-£100 dearer than the toad

Lee

20vturbogaz

think i'm going to for the toad like . i don't want loads of sh** it like boot opening ,telestart more things to go wrong . where you getting your alarm from mate

MORF114

the remote start is quite a funny feature on car alarms you can turn your car on from quite a fair distance and confuse a few people quite funny sometimes!!

Very sad i know!!

scottyd

dont know about any of you lot that have cliffords, but ****ing hell, they have quite a high drain on the ol' battery.

C

Crazy

Yes mate my Clifford 600 drains my battery fairly quick too!!!

O

owens

well ive booked mine in for a Toad AI606 on tuesday £280 fitted with window lift and mirror fold

20vturbogaz

got mine booked too.i'm getting a toad AI606 fitted sunday . remember you need a motor put in the drivers door to have remote central locking . plus how much extra is the window and mirror option .

O

owens

had mine all fitted last week, the bloke rekons he couldnt fit the mirror folding option and i didnt bother with the turbo timer option but all fitted i payed £280 with the window lift

keggles2001

I had a concept 650 on my last R and never had a problem the turbo timer option is really good too and it had tinted windows