air filter

abyss

i have a hks cotton filter which is dirty and i know is robbing me of power. Does anyone have a recommendations preferably stainless steel if possible.

A

alfyboy

there was a big thread on this last week mate.
have a check further down the list.
Alfy :D

N

Ninj-r

abyss said:
i have a hks cotton filter which is dirty and i know is robbing me of power. Does anyone have a recommendations preferably stainless steel if possible.
What about cleaning it? :shock:

antgtir

I never like the cleaning route as i got stung with that one and it fecked with the maf :?

I have an Apexi (cone version) on order from Japan, i have been told that these are one of the best you can get. I was also told to steer clear of cotton / sponge ones as they break down and get stuck to the blades of the turbo and send it out of balance end result a fecked turbo :cry:

Have a look at the thread i started in this section there are a few comments in that to help you.

Ant. :D

bracpan

I agree Apexi or K&N are the best performers for Power and filtration.
Never seen any dust past K&N in 20 years. Plus they are very easy to clean if needed.
Cheers
Phil

antgtir

bracpan said:
I agree Apexi or K&N are the best performers for Power and filtration.
Never seen any dust past K&N in 20 years. Plus they are very easy to clean if needed.
Cheers
Phil
Until i try this Apexi filter i wont comment on the K&N filter. I have an M's K&N at the mo but when i fit it the car runs crap. I dont know what it is but it used to work great on my first R. Im hoping its something simple and cheap lol thats wrong i.e. earthing etc. Ill keep you posted on how it goes, will take up to damn 3 weeks till i get the Apexi grrrr :roll:

Ant.

T

Trev-R

Got an Apexi fitted to mine, good bit of kit, worth the wait :D