Air Filter (pod filter)

R

rx7rotary

Hi guys,

My R is stock standard, now I am doing few bits an pieces to start with, and one of these is the pod filter. I understand the factory filter has got the cold air flow coming through to it. If I take of the current air box and filter and just mount a pod filter (k&N or simota, does it make much difference?) this will mean that there will be no cold air coming through to the air filter am I right?

If that is the case this would be quite stupid to do as I wouldnt get much out of it unless I fit a cold air pipe right?

Thanks all, please give me your suggestions.

J

J-GTi-R

When I swapped my standard airbox for an Apexi pod filter I noticed it lost a bit of midrange, but breathed better at high revs. A cold air feed would do wonders for for a pod filter, someting I have yet to get around to building myself but is on my list.

Without the feed, if I get stuck in traffic and then try and take off, it feels horrible and flat.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
If you look by your airbox, you'll notice a factory feed coming from under neath, when you fit the (apexi :wink: ) induction kit you keep this inplace, or at least I did. :)
I lost a big chunk of mid range torque too with my apexi and mongoose, but the car is definately faster :wink: