Air Conditioning

A

Anonymous

Hi,

On my Pulsar I havent had the air conditioning on for a long time now. As you will gather it now doesn't work. Does anyone know anywhere in Hertfordshire or thereabouts that can fix this problem or is it easy to do yourself and any idea of the cost.

Any help would be appreciaited.

Thanks,
Matt...

S

stomski

take the lot out, its alot cheaper and easier than geting it fixed :D

having said that, im thinking about puting it back in as ive got full konig leather interior :roll:

some ppl will say its a rally car and the air con unit weighs a tonne, but in the summer you'll be glad you kept it 8)

contradicting myself here slightly so i'll finish on that :wink:

Mr GTiR

when u mean it does not work do you mean the a/c is knackard or just the gas is not getting cold?

If it works then there is a chance you may need new seals as when not used for a while the old onew dry up and start to crack. Also, getting it regased can cost anywhere from £60 - £90.

Also, if the gas has never been changed from the car being imported then it will defo need regasing as the old type is now ilegal to use.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the advice guys.

It worked ok when I imported it but a year down the line it didn't get cold. Dont like taking it to the Nissan garage as they are only used to dealing with Micra's. Just dont want some bloke to look and charge me a fortune for something I dont really use.

G

Goldy

Is the gas used for the air con R12? or R134a?

I need to get mine regased!

JIMMYBACK

if the unit works but i t just needs regassing theres a place in edgeware called s&b motors....................very nice chap do wot they say and they wont rip u off :D
cheers jimmy