Air con - pipe removal

ShayneG

Hi Peeps,
I have removed the air con but I still need to remove the pipes that run through the bulk head and under the glove box I assume. Where do these pipes go to and what exactly do I need to remove now. Is there a unit under the glove box :?:

If anybody has any pics that would be a great help :p

S

Stoned

Yes there is

Remove the door glove box door (clips underneath) and the left part of the dash (3 screws and pull) and you will see 3 things

On the left is the fan made by calsonic, in the centre is a airbox and that is what the pipes go into. On the right is the ducting for the heater matrix and system. These all fit together snugly to make one big unit. They do seperate however.

Anyhow remove the centre metal bar (4 screws) and then remove the centre airbox section (5 gold screws)
There is an electric cable plugged in, unplug this.

Now provided you have unscrewed those pipes in the engine bay you can pull it down and towards you. Once you have done this you will find the box you have removed can be taken apart into two sections. There are a number of screws to remove first.

And finally inside here is a metal rad the aircon uses to cool the air. Remove this and save a little more weight. Then block up the holes remaining from where the pipes were removed with rubber bungs

Put back together, refit and plug back in the electric cable (If you had one to begin with. Thinking about it, it could be related to climate control)

job's a goodun!