afm wires

nismoboy

im having trouble finding the correct afm wires on my pulsar i have the standard plug which has 3 wires 2 orange and one white,
but on the car the afm wires consist of one thick orange,one thick white, then a sheilded grey cable which when stripped back has a thin white and a thin black.
Any ideas?

GTiR-Aholic

Hmm.. I don't know about that one.. I've only ever seen the 2 orange and the one white.. I know this because I was having that fueling issue which I thought was to do with my afm but turned out to be the safc

nismoboy

i dont need a z32 wiring diagram, i need to know where my harness goes on a standard plug,

i have the following wires harness end

thick white
thick orange
Then a grey sheilded cable which has 1 thin black wire and one thin white wire.

i have searched the forum and not found my answers hence the post.

All the posts i read suggest i should have the same wires as the plug harness end ie 2 orange (12v+ and signal) and one white (earth). But i dont i have thick white
thick orange

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
i dont need a z32 wiring diagram, i need to know where my harness goes on a standard plug,

i have the following wires harness end

thick white
thick orange

i have searched the forum and not found my answers hence the post.

All the posts i read suggest i should have the same wires as the plug harness end ie 2 orange (12v+ and signal) and one white (earth). But i dont i have thick white
thick orange
as it's definitely not the OEM cabling

sounds to me like someone in the past has grafted another length of cable into the loom from another vehicle, perhaps you might find the joint in the cable if you follow it back, maybe the car has had a non standard maf fitted in the past and the standard one retro fitted...............

you could always get the multimeter out and whilst the car is idling spike the wires, you might have 2 earth's, one wire at 1.5 volts at idle and one switched 12 volt. Then you can use the my diagram in the link to sort it.

nismoboy

as it's definitely not the OEM cabling

sounds to me like someone in the past has grafted another length of cable into the loom from another vehicle, perhaps you might find the joint in the cable if you follow it back, maybe the car has had a non standard maf fitted in the past and the standard one retro fitted...............

you could always get the multimeter out and whilst the car is idling spike the wires, you might have 2 earth's, one wire at 1.5 volts at idle and one switched 12 volt. Then you can use the my diagram in the link to sort it.
Thats what im thinking as it just dont add up, i`ll strip the wires back and see if i can see any joins, If not i`ll do as u suggest and get the meter out, cheers nis.

nismoboy

All sorted it was as you said steve, somebody had bodged it bigtime and used what looks like abs cable to lengthen the afm wires!.