Advice needed on fuel pressure for increasing boost

P11SR20DET

I am in the process of setting up my AVCR boost controller to try to increase the boost. :noidea:

But I need to know what pressure to set my idle fuel pressure at, at the various boost settings. Right now, idle pressure is somewhere at +/- 35 psi. At 0-1 psi (when I rev the engine at standstill) it goes up to +/- 45 psi. The fuel pressure gauge is mounted on my (Aeromotive) FPR in the engine bay, so I don't know what pressure it goes to at full boost.

I intend to go to 10 psi (0.7 bar) low, and 14 psi (0.96 bar) high. Any advice on fuel pressure settings?

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
On the standard gtir set up.......
Base pressure should be 3bar and the fpr raises it 1 to 1 with boost, so for every extra 1psi of boost the fuel pressure goes up another 1psi.

So on the standard set up you shouldn't have to worry about fuel pressure settings.

If you've transplanted I guess it depends what you've changed, but if you have the gtir ecu and injectors, then it will be mapped for gtir fuel pressure so requires 3bar base fuel pressure.

P11SR20DET

Fast Guy - Thanks for that. I was aware that the standard setup would increase 1 to 1 (Fuel to boost psi). My transplant is mostly all stock gti-r (except for boost gauge, controller, fuel pump, FMIC and FPR). I took the liberty of increasing the boost to 0.7 bar today (up from 0.6). :oops:

Incidentally enough, the AVCR holds it fairly nicely,- and it pulls frickin sweet! :lol::lol:

That would be my Setting A on the AVCR. Setting B would be 1 bar - but I don't want to go that high until I can ensure AFR with a wideband, and monitor other things through Consult.