ABS (different problem to dooie)

Gray

Is an ABS light mean to come on when you turn the ignition off then go off when you start the engine? I know this is what happened in my almera but this does not happen. Nor do I think my ABS is working at all because it never kicks in even if i slam on in the wet and ive locked up a couple of times in the wet.

There is no ABS light on when I'm driving or at all! Anyone know what could need fixing to get the ABS working again?

antgtir

Are you sure its defo got ABS??

If so sometimes people take the unit off so you may have an R which has had it removed, if so there shouldn't be an ABS unit near your near side front strut.

Ant.

Gray

Which side is the near side? :oops:
The drivers side? I thought they all had ABS, why would people remove it?

Mark_GTiR

Nearside / Passenger side mate! :lol: :lol:

Perhaps it's removed by people who prefer raw driving skills as apposed to electronic intrevention.. dunno - just a thought!

Mark

antgtir

Its attached to the bulk head. Its like a rectangular box with brake lines coming out of the top.

Not all R's came with ABS, think it was an added extra for the early models, my first K reg R didnt have it but my recent one M reg, has :? .

I dont know why people dropped the ABS may have been to rid themselves of the weight not sure but i have heard its been done so you never know.

Ant. :wink:

Gray

The ABS ECU has been removed from the passenger footwell, I'm not sure if the box attached to the bulk head is still there, not sure what I'm looking for.