5th Gear

A

Anonymous

I've noticed that when i try and engage 5th gear, on occasions the gear will crunch. It's not severe but you can feel it through the stick, and hear it go into gear if you have the radio off.
Although sometimes it will go straight into 5th no problems at all. I have no other problems with any other gears or reverse. It occurs less often if i have the clutch pedal hard on the floor when changing.
Could it be the clutch master / slave cylinders? Or the clutch itself? It bites close to the floor. The pedal is a little heavy compared to my other car, but this might be normal.
Any suggestions anyone??

Thanx.
Kevin.

Keira

Mine used to do it, changed gearbox oil and its been ok ever since.

I used castrol syntrax its either 4.2. or 4.3 litres :?:

J

jasegould

Prob the 5th gear syncromesh.....mine does it if I do a fast shift into 5th, if I wait momentarily it goes in fine. Can be fixed but its a gearbox out job.

O

Olly

jasegould2002 said:
Prob the 5th gear syncromesh.....mine does it if I do a fast shift into 5th, if I wait momentarily it goes in fine. Can be fixed but its a gearbox out job.
Just like mine, change the oil and go easy on her. :lol:

Jase your colours are a bit like Jason Ripps Civic Type R :wink:

J

jasegould

Jase your colours are a bit like Jason Ripps Civic Type R
A bit like loads of other cars actually :roll: The original idea came from a US 200 sx, I saw a brand new Citroen on a forecourt the same colours the other day!

I change the oil in my box for Redline MT70 and I cant say thats its made any difference..........