5 Stud wheel conversion

jap-jet

Hey guys just wondering if anyone has done this conversion like using GTR Hubs and that so i could do a direct setup with GTR front brakes

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
I'd have thought after the cost of machining, new wheels and the brakes from even a 2nd hand Gtr, you'd be cheaper just buying a decent set of uprated brakes designed for the Gtir.

Would a caliper braket work to mount the Gtr caliper onto a set of bigger gitr discs? That would probably be an easier conversion.

something about skyline gtr calipers makes them really hard to mount i think its the thickness of the disc the gtr has an extra think disc?

On the other hand 300zx brakes have been fitted to the front and are meant to be a decent upgrade. Just need caliper spacer and the right disc to fit someone is aussie has done it.

Personally i think the best value for money conversion might be to buy the fastbrakes kit in the states to fit a nissan nx2000 as they run the same ad22vf brakes as our cars. So its logical to think the fastbrakes willwood kit for the nx2000 will fit our cars.

I think it retails for like 700US for calipers and discs and you can upgrade to aluminium bell hats.

I havent had the balls to order the kit and find out yet but i think it will work and its heaps cheaper than the UK kits for me anyway.

S

srbpower

I can tell you how thick the R33 Gtr disk are... I have the complete setup downstairs ready to go on the front of my 200sx 8)

Wait a minute....

32mm :)

Si :)

J

J-GTi-R

Personally i think the best value for money conversion might be to buy the fastbrakes kit in the states to fit a nissan nx2000 as they run the same ad22vf brakes as our cars. So its logical to think the fastbrakes willwood kit for the nx2000 will fit our cars.
If it's a Wilwood kit, then it's probably the same or very similar to the Rally Designs kit we have over here (and I have on my car). Although a million times better than standard, I've not been completely impressed by them, the disk quality isn't great and the callipers seemed to be sticking even after 6 months of use. For the first 6 months of use they were awesome though!!

Oh shit i was wrong with the price i think it's gone up $1300US screw that.

300mm rotor.
http://www.fastbrakes.com/products/product.php?partnum=B13-1175

Heres the cheaper one i could of sworn it was 700 before??

280mm rotor.
http://www.fastbrakes.com/products/product.php?partnum=B13-11-4

Now i dont guarantee it but these kits should fit our cars i cant see why not anyway.

I think good braking is mostly to do with selecting the right pads and using new discs and fluid. You dont REALLY need these kits for a bash around the track but they are nice.

Websnowbo

Anything is poss, not sure weather any of the brakes fit that you mentioned but you could get some 200sx or Primera hubs machined to fit in you hub providing the driveshaft splines are the same, i did my mate a set for a Corsa a couple a years back, used Cavalier V6 hubs, discs and calipers.

I imagine 200sx stuff might pop right on then the Sky is your limit for brake upgrades but you'll find it will cost you more than buying a brake kit! and you'll need new wheels!

I'd do it though cos i'm a tight ass!

Mr GTiR

Jap-Jet - i have a set of Porsche red top (turbo) calipers if you want to try and fit these babies. i thought about it then found out the cost of disc's - fook that!!! but if you want to try.....pm me 8)

Yes anything is possible i had V6 disc's and calipers converted to fit my 2.0 16v Nova. They looked the bollox cos they filled my 16" wheels nicely :D

J-GTi-R - what is wrong with your kit? :shock: I had one of the first kits (310mm) and mine are working spot on. PM me and i'll try and get this resolved for ya mate.

Regards
Andy

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Mr GTiR said:
Yes anything is possible i had V6 disc's and calipers converted to fit my 2.0 16v Nova. They looked the bollox cos they filled my 16" wheels nicely :D
Aren't just about all Vauxhall brakes interchangable between models tho? :wink:

Websnowbo

Fast Guy said:
Mr GTiR said:
Aren't just about all Vauxhall brakes interchangable between models tho? :wink:
SSSHHHHH!

L

Little Erve

Websnowbo said:
hubs machined to fit in you hub providing the driveshaft splines are the same
Does anyone know what (if any) hubs have the same splines?

I've got wheels which can take 4 and 5 studs and i've got shitty brakes up front so I'm kinda intrested to know.

Cheers.

Websnowbo

I imagine they are the same at Primera etc but what you really wanna know is if the 200sx hubs are the same as that is the stud pattern you will be wanting.

You'll have to use the rear hubs front and rear on ya R obviously but providing the spines are the same then they will be machinable. Hubs are soft as shit cast.

A

Allan GTI-R

I remember Sasha saying he has DBA slotted discs being stopped by HSV calipers, that doesn't sound too expensive :)

A

Allan GTI-R

ahh i think he said about 900 each end will get you a good upgrade :)

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
What size wheels are on it? I was looking at movit brakes, but the needed bigger wheels than I wanted to fit. :(

F

Fubawu

I brought this one back from the dead, has anyone tried this since?? GTR hub conversion?? Not only for the brakes but also a huge option for wheels etc.

N

Nissy

r32 gtr calipers.
evo 8 320mm rotors (custom drilled to 4x100)
all brackets/clamps etc

$1600.

http://www.uniqueautosports.com.au/pricelists/pricelist_pulsargtir.htm

its a piss easy conversion to do, i didnt buy that kit but i bought all the parts seperately and it worked out cheaper.

32 gtr calipers - $250 (rebuilt them myself)
32 gtr discs (drilled to 4x100) - $800 (including drilling and machining down to 290mm)
all brackets/mounting plates etc - $100
and then pads/braided lines ontop of that.