4 pot rear brakes

paz

Out of interest really.

Has anyone figured out how to get a set of 4 pots on te rear of the pulsar? If I
remember rightly, the issue with this relates to the hydraulic handbrake?

Cheers

paz

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
Out of interest really.

Has anyone figured out how to get a set of 4 pots on te rear of the pulsar? If I
remember rightly, the issue with this relates to the hydraulic handbrake?

Cheers

paz
The handbrake it cable operated.

It is possible and I was going to attempt this with my old 4 pot Wilwoods, but I got lazy and it was going to be too much hassle.

In a nutshell fit the Wilwoods and have a separate brake mounted for the handbrake (like a Lambo has)

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
would they not be too much (ott), i.e. with most of the brake bias toward the front?

ollie
It’s possible, but with the amount of damage I've seen to rear pads and discs it might be worth a look, however a brake bias would be a good idea if you did change to that kind of set-up

I know Jim (Campbellju) has upgraded his rears to larger discs, kept the standard caliper and braking stability is improved. I think really, that would be the best bet with grippy pads and braded lines.

olliecast

I think really, that would be the best bet with grippy pads and braded lines.

yeah i was looking at upgrading the rear but not sure about the clearence under the 15`s.

I`ve always not given the same thought to my rear pads as the front, think i`ll go xp8`s all around next time,

Cheers,
ollie

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
yeah i was looking at upgrading the rear but not sure about the clearence under the 15`s.

I`ve always not given the same thought to my rear pads as the front, think i`ll go xp8`s all around next time,

Cheers,
ollie
The rears do some serious work.

I used (stupidly) some Redstuff pads on the rears; they were utterly destroyed after one day at Oulton Park.

I run standard size discs on the rear, but they are grooved with Mintex 1155 pads. They are working out well and braking is more stable than ever, however at some point down the line I'll look at adding some bigger rear discs just to aid my track action as Jim's feedback has been positive .

I would say its worth looking into some standard size grooved rear discs, braded lines and XP8 pads.

You should notice the difference :thumb:

hkspulsar

Surely if you started looking at this kind of setup of four pots without a brake bias under heavy breaking you could potentially end up locking the rear wheels?!

I can see why people use bigger discs and/or grooved on the rear as this will keep temps down up.

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
Surely if you started looking at this kind of setup of four pots without a brake bias under heavy breaking you could potentially end up locking the rear wheels?!
Yeah that would be an issue, having a bias would be a necessary idea. Some of that set-up would also depend on what type of brakes you have at the front along with the compound of pads.