3inch exhaust

nismo-400R

im after a 3inch exhaust system(full system turbo back),just wanted to know where is a good place to get one made from in the leeds area?thanks

CanadianR

farken hell I should take that last picture to the exhaust shop at home. They said that 3" wouldn't fit very well over the rear subframe, and "if it did it would be tight, bendy and expensive as fcuk." Those pics give me some hope.

cmng

How come your exhaust flow out at left side ?

if i not mistaken RNN14 exhaust routing is right side ?

youngsyp

If you're a bit further down south, Hayward & Scott in Essex will make you one.... For a price !
They did my one and the one on my GT Four before the GTiR.

They'res a place in Buckingham that I found too and I'm sure he'd make you one... I'll have to dig around and find the details though !

Paul

S

s18rra

what would it be like if you had a straight through 3" system from turbo back, no silencers and straight as possible, obviously it would be loud but would it be good as theres no restriction at all or would it be bad as there hardley any back preasure?

oap-r

I love Rob xxx
I currently have a 3" system with only 1 silencer and it's loud enough to drive you mad on a motorway run.

This will be rectified once blobby's system is fitted :thumbsup:

cmng

Ha.. i have the same similiar setup

3" all the way.. no muffler at all
at the end i replace the muffler with 3" silencer

dont care the loudness
RNN14 is rare here and i plan to use it to poke Golf GTI

youngsyp

s18rra said:
what would it be like if you had a straight through 3" system from turbo back, no silencers and straight as possible, obviously it would be loud but would it be good as theres no restriction at all or would it be bad as there hardley any back preasure?
Why would you want back pressure ?

The turbo makes too much of that as it is !

Paul

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Odin said:
Complete waste of bl00dy time :doh: , I had two boxes one of which was massive but flowed well and I had no trouble making over 500 bhp with my set up, I just don't understand this obsession with straight through noisy exhaust systems :roll: .
Neither do I - I'd rather have a quiet system that doesn't advertise that I'm coming, or ask the police to pull me over.
Even track cars need to keep the decibels down.

I used to know a guy with a Fairmont Ghia (there's probably no equivalent in the UK it's an Australian car); huge power from that chipped 5L V8 and it went like a rocket ship, but it was damn-near silent! If you think about it, noise is energy - so you're actually wasting energy from the engine by making excess noise. Less energy, means less power! Better to have it flow like it should, and blow those gases out at a higher speed.

Yes, I know that theory doesn't bare close scrutiny given how inefficent an petrol engine is anyway.