300zx master cylinder

GTIR-LOZ

i have heard that a 300zx /z32 (i take it they are the same) master cylinder will fit our cars to stop the pedal drop prob has anyone done this? alsowould it be a straight swop or would the brake proportioning be different to the standard one

Fusion Ed

The pedal problem is with a support bracket issue of the pedal, I doubt that changing a master cylinder would make any difference.

GTIR-LOZ

i have a support bracket for the pedal and master cylinder cant see how that would cause drop in the pedal anyways unless the pedal becomes disconnected

P

pulsarboby

think matey ed thinks its a clutch pedal:lol: :doh: thats the one on the left ed:roll:

ok, the master cylinder will make no difference whatsoever to the pedal dropping, unless the pressure seal inside the cylinder has split!
easy way to check that out is start the car, pump the brake pedal untill its hard (sounds perverted) and keep constant foot pressure on the pedal!

if the pedal slowly creeps down to the floor.....under pressure....then you will have a faulty master cylinder pressure seal!

if not then the cylinder is ok!

if when your driving the pedal suddenly drops on first pressing the pedal, then this is either caused by
a) a sticky or binding caliper (probably on the rear)
b)water moisture in brake fluid
c) air trapped either in the master cylinder or brake lines. this is the most common cause, and can be a right git sometimes to get out.
the easiest way to do this is by clamping the brake hose on one side and bleeding the other, then visa versa on all 4 wheels!
sometimes air gets trapped and is drawn from one side to the other without ever reaching the bleed nipple, so you have to encourage it along the way!

one other possibility is that at sometime somebody has fitted a caliper upside down...yes laugh....but ive seen it done:lol: with the bleed nipples at the bottom!
this will deffo cause major probs, as the air will never be able to escape as it will be trapped in the caliper.
so check that all bleed nipples are at the top.