18s shite handling

dal.a

Does anyone else have 18s and if they do what does it handle like? Mine handles crap but man it looks sexy now 8)

I put 18s on mine when I 1st got it. It looked like a rollerskate on steroids tbh. Can't say it handled much worse. Went back to 17s in the end. It just didn't look right...

Mr GTiR

yep had 18" on mine for a bit but did not notice much change. Got mine on coilovers and Cusco adjustable top mount, don't know if it makes a difference though :?

looking to go down to 16" now for better grip and handling.

S

stomski

18's?

have any of you guys got any pics? im thinking of getting 17's or 18's.

cheers 8)

faz

I dont think it suits those 18's at all! looks out of proportion!

17's look a bit better! :wink:

S

stomski

Ive got 16's on mine at the moment, they are mint, but they just look too small.

i think those 18's look good, steve i dont suppose you've still got them?

anybody else got pics of 18's on their R?

K

KrissJ

Yeah, I think they look good as well. Massive wheels rock! The only reason I'm not tryin to cram 19s or summat on mr R is because I don't wanna lose any speed (got 17s at the mo). :D

Mr GTiR

thanks fella's, but like i said in my post beofre going down to 16" for better performance.

Would love to have 15" but they won't fit over my 310mm Willwoods :)

Looking to sell my 17" in a few months time

A

Anonymous

Changed from 17" down to 15's, what a improvement in handling, so much better :!: :!: :!: :D

G

GTI-R Kid

sc300 said:
Changed from 17" down to 15's, what a improvement in handling, so much better
And i got the exact opposite feeling on my car! Went from 15's to 17's and thought it was much better! :lol:

A

Anonymous

18's

ive got 18's on mine
sorry about the quality of the pics taken on a fone

Nad

GTI-R Kid said:
sc300 said:
Changed from 17" down to 15's, what a improvement in handling, so much better
And i got the exact opposite feeling on my car! Went from 15's to 17's and thought it was much better! :lol:
But was that a change in tyre quality or profile though. All the people with 18's I hear 'looks good' coming up a lot. If ur bothered about what u cant see when u r driving ur car then get 18's. As for the others, smaller wheels come with the 'better handling' slogan. What do u want from ur car. Its a rally car in the end of the day which ran 16's max on tarmac for competition use. I'm also going down to a set of 15 and 16's with the 17's left for use on motorway trips for better fuel economy :wink: :lol:

Nad

Rally car as in as close as u can get i.e. not a pose mobile. Do u think 18's are gonna stop people's opinions that they look crap. 18's on it they look even more like a trolley :lol:

K

KrissJ

look crap?! :? I've never heard anyone say that. I think they look feckin awsome, really mean and every comment I've heard from other people is along the same lines

GINGA

Re: 18's

SMB said:
ive got 18's on mine
sorry about the quality pics taken on a fone

Total change in subject here but I notice you've got what looks like a GT4 charge cooler fitted to your car inplace of the standard intercooler :?: