15" Wheels over 310mm Brakes

Trondelond

I've got 295mm brakes under my 15"s, and they barely fit. I tried five different wheels, and only one would go _over_ the 295 kit. None of the cleared the caliper without spacers. So I've now got a ET25 wheel which clears the caliper with maybe 3-4mm to spare.

olliecast

Tim, can't remember whether you saw my 285 wilwoods under my 15's at curburough but they only just fit under my ssr wheels.

I was worried about them catching when things expand when things heat up but its good, only just though!

Tk1

i run the 285 wilwoods and have had clearance problems in the past , i was not lucky enough when things heated up
team dynamics pro race 1 and 1.2's are the wheels for clearance and obviously the compomotive mo's
rota grids where a no, oz super T's are a no , enkies are a no
what would be handy is a brake clearance thread with commonly used brake kits and what wheels do and do not fit
it would have saved me a few quid and a lot of hassle

MarkTurbo

They do fit under certain wheels, rota slipsteams i think.

Its been asked before but i cant be bothered to dig it up again :lol:

dencon

No problem. I use willwoods 310 disc,s under Rota slipstreams 15". If you get ET 28 this will clear easy without spacers and give you a wider track. cheers den.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
What width are your discs? 22mm? That will make alot of difference as to wether they'll fit or not.

I think if you could get something like a compomotive MO's on a 8" width on a lower ET, it may just clear.
My 16s just clear my 315s due to the way they taper in to the hub face. If they were 8" they would clear larger discs. The same would apply to your discs.

Unless you're desperate for 15s I'd go 16s.

Tim

Cheers for the input chaps, i've got 16's atm but R888's are cheaper and easier to come by in 15" which is the reason for me asking.

So we are saying rota slipstreams fit... hmm.