112 MPH Delimiter

ShayneG

Does the delimiter also convert the speedo to MPH. If so I had my speedo converted to MPH so does this mean I already have a delimiter ? It's a bit hard to tell cos me speedo only goes up to 110.

Wheres the best place to buy a delimiter from and any recomended brands :?:

Also any ideas for replacement OEM speedo as mine keeps sticking :?:
Nissan quoted mega bucks :evil:

Cheers

M

MORRISMINOR GTI-R

IF YOUR CAR ONLY HAS 110KMH ON THE CLOCK AND IT READS IN MPH IT MUST HAVE A DE-LIMITER BUILT INTO IT JUST LIKE MINE.HOWCOME IT ONLY GOES UPTO 110???IVE NOT SEEN THIS BEFORE, MINE HAS GOT 180KMH ON THE CLOCK.

AS FOR THE SPEEDO MY MATE HAS GOT AN R IN AT WORK SO I CAN GET A PRICE IF U WANT??

CHEERS

A

Anonymous

When you get ure speedo changed to mph, it usualy de-limits it aswell.
Mine did anyway. Go to Gti-r spares on this furum and ask about a speedo, he has loads of gtir bits. :wink:

Cris

There are actually three types that I have seen:

a) Converter - if you 'plug' it into the feed from the transfer box it muliplies the signal by 5/8(ish) to turn it into mph. Then your speedo reads in mph and so does the trip counter. The numbers on the speedo would read as mph too (you usually stick a sticker over the kph logo). This also means that the limiter now cuts in a 180 mph (rather than 180 kph).

b) De-limiter - this stops the signal from getting above the 180 reading (dunno how - I've forgotten the name of the electrical components it probably uses) thus the cut-out doesn't happen. Speedo and trip still read in kph. I guess you'd wire this in between the speedo and the ecu (unlike the above).

c) Both - does both.

I bought my converter from Abbey. It was fairly easy to wire in (there are some instructions floating around somewhere). I don't care about the de-limiter bit because if my R gets anywhere near 180mph I'd be happy :wink:

If your dash is dodgy you could try fitting a UK Sunny GTI or GTIR dash from a breakers. You'd get a clock too. I would assume that you'd still need a de-limiter or perhaps a converter. Some one on the yahoo group has done this.

nickg123

I had mine converted, but i don't think it's de-limited.......

it was supposed to be but last night on this lovely bit of private road i hit 115 ish at 5,000 rpm or so and it cut out!

J

J-GTi-R

If the speedo only goes up to 110 mph (as mine does), most likely the only converting that has been done is sticking a MPH face over the standard speedo. This is what has been done to mine, it's not delimted or converted.

ShayneG

J-GTi-R said:
If the speedo only goes up to 110 mph (as mine does), most likely the only converting that has been done is sticking a MPH face over the standard speedo. This is what has been done to mine, it's not delimted or converted.
Cheers 'J', I've just discovered ur exactly right :p

Nice one mate :D