Z32 Pipework - Battery in boot?

snoon

Hi all,

Got a Z32 and plug is on it's way.

So, whats the best way of putting it all in?

I take it now is a good time to move the battery to the boot? That way I can have a shorter, straighter pipe run for the AFM and filter?

Should I ditch the standard pipework and start again with new? Should I get metal or samcos or both?

Have been looking in the gallery and some have custom steel ones which look pretty good? Probably pricey tho?

Any advise?

Cheers

Shaun

youngsyp

If you're even contemplating it, I'd move the battery to the boot.

Not only will it help you get a nice straight(er) intake pipe and free up some room, it'll also shift a large weight to the boot, to help with front to rear weight distribution.

It's certainly one of the jobs on my list !

As for the stainless steel intake pipe, I'd expect it to cost around £100 made by an exhaust fabricator.

mattytappy

i did mine for about £40 odd quid with one of these
for £23

and two of these obvoisly with the correct sizes for your turbo and whatever maf your running.....wrapped mine in thermo reflective heat sheild for that bit more protection
JOB DONE.....and if you really want to finish it of some decent milkalor clamps mate...hope this helps;-)

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
thats a bloody good price Matt, I used to make something like this a while ago out of stainless and the raw materials didn't cost much less than that pipe.

mattytappy

i will se if i can get more raw materials for you to knock up a few more then steve...and pass them on to whoever needs them on here;-)

snoon

Cheers all.

I'll get a quote from an exhaust place, then decide I'm too tight and order it all off ebay and make it myself!!

Unless Steve is going to knock some up? I'll take one!

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
"if" I was going to make a few more I would make them out of stainless (2 ½”and 3”) and so it puts the filter tight up against the back of the passenger head light and inner wing (you would have to tell me what air filter you intend to use), they would be a little longer than the one shown above and could have as many take off's as you require.

They would be around the £40 - 45 mark

youngsyp

stevepudney said:
"if" I was going to make a few more I would make them out of stainless (2 ½”and 3”) and so it puts the filter tight up against the back of the passenger head light and inner wing (you would have to tell me what air filter you intend to use), they would be a little longer than the one shown above and could have as many take off's as you require.

They would be around the £40 - 45 mark
Your very good at making me part with my cash, aren't you. :lol:

antgtir

youngsyp said:
Your very good at making me part with my cash, aren't you. :lol:
Lol i was just thinking exactly that myself......................... damn you Steve !!!!! :doh:

On with the Pudney R :lol:

Steve i would be interested i this to, made to suit the Apexi Cone unit;-)

Ant.