Z32 on the SAFCII

rayman75

right before anybody says "get rid of the safc and get a powerfc or emanage":) , thats exactly what im doing.

i have had to put my mapping session back a couple of weeks to get my car fully upto scratch, ready for its new emanage ultimate.

i have fitted a 3"induction pipe setup with a Z32 and a blitz sus. right the one thing im worrying about is that i have a safc2 fitted and i need the car running to drive down and get the emanage fitted and mapped. i have had a look at the instructions and it says the sensor no. should be IN05 OUT05 when the ECU and the airflow sensor are normal.

when the ECU is normal and the airflow sensor is for Z32 IN02 OUT05.

has anyone done this on the safcI/II and its been ok any help would be appreciated.

i have scanned in the page which says all this for it to be a little clearer.
http://img172.imageshack.us/my.php?image=apexisafc2sensorno5gs.jpg

rayman75

right just went to start the car 1st time in 2months, with the settings for the Z32, and the car is over fuelling like mad.

anybody got any ideas???

rayman75

i see nobody has got any ideas:cry:

i have put the settings back as they was and have put the std maf back on and its up and running:roll:

i did keep an eye on the air flow readings and on the z32 and they was up around the 26-32 mark i dont really know what this means, on the std maf its between 0.9-1.1 mark, i can only imagine the z32 was over fuelling in a big way.

well its all gonna be ripped out and a nice emanage ultimate to go in and take care of things:lol:

rayman75

it might be a faulty maf, i dont know how to test them, i have a multi meter but nobody has any ideas.

antgtir

I would have thought you should be able to test it (resistance wise) as you would with the standard MAF, and so you can see if you need to re earth the MAF. See the how to guides on this as they give you a step by step guide and values of readings you sshould be looking for;-) Its a cheap possibility that you can start with first then strike off the list if not.

If not then i would go over the setup of the SAFC2 again with the Z32 MAF setup, you never know something may have been put in by accident.

You haven't touched the ECU side of things have you?

Ant.

stumo

From memory(and fitted to a Z32), if the MAF is plugged in and the ignition is switched on (engine not running) there should be 0.8v between earth and the B terminal.

Also one of the centre earths goes to the ecu and the other goes to an earth on the engine, sorry but can't remember exactly which one goes where but i think c goes to ecu and d goes to engine earth)

Last edited: