Z32 MAF

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
Capping either end of these MAF's is usually a remoable wire grill/mesh, those who use the Z32 MAF, have you got grill/mesh in yours.

Do you think I could get away with running without them.

I only mention this as I read on a forum or mag somewhere that these grills caused a slight restriction and some cars actually seemed to run better without them in.

Thoughts ??

Dooie Pop Pop

it' d might lower turbulence but iv not a clue wether it matters before the turbo :oops:

i getting shot of mine now my map sensors here 8) iv just realised i need a new intake pipe :roll: :lol:

A

AJ4

I've read about that mesh on other forums ( 200sx or 300zx forum, can't remember ) where they flow tested one before and after and reckon it flowed 15% more air with the mesh removed ( seems reasonable ).

Dooie Pop Pop

yeah something like that but my batteries still in the original position and i cant see how i could move it back far enough to fit the airfilter inbetween that and the headlight :? :(

i might just get you to make me a pipe to bridge where the maf was or a complete 3inch intake to the original position :wink:

can you do it in aluminium rather than stainless to save weight?

cheers

Stu