York raceway today!

johnsy

first time down the strip only had the R' 6 month.
Did 10 runs and the best 2 were
reaction .745
60ft .608
1/8 et 9.080
1/8 mph 75.47
1/4 et 14.299
1/4mph 92.66
and
reaction .820
60ft .670
1/8 et 9.682
1/8mph 73.19
1/4 et 14.951
1/4mph 92.81

weather were nt the best still dried up a little a little towards the end of the day think the best run was in the low 11's

previous owner had a dyno run of 278bhp @ 0.9bar

think i need to check wot fuel pump i have and get a fmic, heat soak was definetly a factor.

and also the boost doent seem to be set very high in 4th&5th

but all and all had a good day and look forward to doing it in the dry:thumbsup:

snoon

Well I'm gutted!

I left about an hour before they opened the track thinking it wouldn't happen.

johnsy

i thought it were slow too mind you it was wet and im only running zorst,avcr set @0.9bar ,apexi induction

think ineed to get u new fuel pump and fmic cos that topmount was really feeling the heat.

when i bought it the owner said the boost werent set that high in 4th&5th ,i need to get this looked at cos i thought my terminal speed would be atleast 100mph+

johnsy

60ft time i dont get it thought this was supposed to be accurate
thought my reaction time was good

Last edited:

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
I've been to York a few times and for some reason the 60ft times can be out, but the rest of them are OK.

Wet is no excuse. :nerner: I raced at Elvington in almost monsoon conditions and was only 0.2s slower despite a slipping clutch and bloody great aquaplane inducing lakes at the top end of the strip. I also did my best ever 60ft that day.

Yeah even with 246bhp I was hitting 101-102mph, so sounds like you aren't running the power you think you are.

johnsy

think iv sussed it fella, my boost does nt hold in 4th and 5th it drops off and settles at .7. need to learn how to set the avcr for the strip

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Is that 7 on the standard boost gauge (about 13.9psi if it is) or .7bar on an after market gauge. Almost standard boost if it is.

johnsy

iv serched the forum's and itseems to be a commom setup for normal road usage wonder how it will affect the standard tubby if i turned it up 1.2bar with the tmic also need uprated fuel pump!

thing is i aint got a clue how to set the avcr so im stumped

snoon

I'd get a FMIC and walbro, then up to 1.2. But get it done at a rolling road place so they can check everything is ok.