wot causes a clutch to slip??

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Errr......slipping.

If it slips it's either worn and needs replacing, it could just need adjusting or sometimes a leaking rear crankshaft oil seal can contaminate a clutch and make it slip.

Adam L

Too much torque, oil somehow getting onto the flywheel, pedal hasn't been adjusted properly, or it's just a shit clutch.

johnsy

its an exedy organic and the r is only running 278@.9bar thought it would last longer than 5kmiles,

iv not long had new shotpeened box fitted and just had ac removed and new alternater

johnsy

its had 10 full blown launches at york ,during the week i drive it off boost for better fuel consumption, i do drive it hard on a weekend i go through 20-30 quid of fuel in a good session ,thuoght the exedy would handle that

davey red.r

nope, it seems if your treating it like a track car, then you will have to put a os giken, in place for your track behaviour:lol:

davey;-)

johnsy

davey thats wot its for, had a bout with a ml55 amg of testoes round about lights,he had the straighter line i know they do0-60 in 7sec and weigh 1800kg but he was giving it some at the lights, and who am i to refuse a challenge

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
davey red.r said:
nope, it seems if your treating it like a track car, then you will have to put a os giken, in place for your track behaviour:lol:

davey;-)
Get a grip. My standard clutch lasted longer at 1bar than his Exedy has at the same.:p (assuming it has worn out) You won't need an OS Giken until you have alot more power.

davey red.r

well i know that bally regan bob:lol:
i was joking,as in he treats his r like a track car sometimes,hence os giken track clutch:doh: :lol:
wavey

johnsy

slips from 4k to5k for afew sec then bites on half arsed you can hear the boost and engine speed up then calm off

geoff pine

Which exeddy clutch do you have and how much did you pay for it ? as i have one and it has no problems with hard launches . Where did you buy it from ebay ?and how much did you pay for it .

johnsy

i bought it through my tuner paid 300quid pink box and all that just replaced wot came out, probs go for paddle if iv worn through it already

steven_c

johnsy said:
slips from 4k to5k for afew sec then bites on half arsed you can hear the boost and engine speed up then calm off

your also going to have a pretty colour fly wheel... :)