wot am i doin wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

S

stuartjeeves

can anyone help ive just changed my cluctch slave cylinder to try and cure the fact that my pedal was only ingaging about a inch from the bottom of travel however after having bled the system it still ent working does any one know where i go from here how do i know if the pedal box????????????????(pictures?) is broken im waiting on deliveryof a reinforcement bracket but does this sound like the problem im completely confused again :shock:

J

jasegould

I had the same prob, I changed the master cylinder and still had the same prob (basically its a guess whether its the master or slave) fitted a new slave and it was fine.

Did you empty the master cylinder atall?? From experience master cylinders don't like being bled dry, even if they worked fine before they can fcuk up after being dry

To check the pedal box, get you head under the dash and press/get someone to press the pedal and see if the pedal box moves, if it does its broken

Also, have you tried adjusting the bite point at the pedal...theres an adjusting rod
Jay

J

jiw

if you empty the cylinder theirs a good chance the seals have turned backwards on themselves :cry: