Worth a look?

Chris1

Hello all.

I found a tasty Pulsar on PH last night so I was hoping for your thoughts before I get too excited about it.
The advert is rather basic so here is a bit of info I got from the owner-

1994 - L reg
2000 mile old rebuild
Forged pistons
STD cams
T34 turbo
Evo injectors (550's he thinks)
Walbro fuel pump
FMIC
Metal head gasket
External wastegate
Mongoose exhaust
Paddle clutch
Fully adjustable suspension
Forgot to ask about the brakes, pleb.
AVCR

That's all I can remember for the moment.
He said it's done 2k miles since the build.
It was built by a company called Engine Advantages. Anybody heard of them before?
The gearbox hasn't been touched but he assures me it's a crunch free selection and the "best feeling" 'box out of the 4 Pulsars he's owned.
Oh and he's asking £4k for it.

So what are your thoughts?

P

pulsarboby

engine advantages are up the road from me, they went bust earlier this year lol
they never had a good name at all with work they carried out (check out the ford forums in particular)

a well known member on this site had an engine built by them too which went bang before he even drove it so go over the lump with a good experienced mechanic.

Chris1

Oooooo a company going bust isn't a good thing.
Not looking quite as tasty at the moment lol.
Thanks for the info Bob.
I'm finding it hard to be ok with a build that is only backed up with an invoice since our Quaife dissapointment.
I'd rather buy one from a member that has done the work himself.
At least that way you know it has definatley been done.
Maybe I should just get a std one.

P

pulsarboby

yes just be carefull chris!

the best car out there i can see at the moment is that winter green one on the mongifiers site (think its kev something)
that looks to be a very straight car and if he would maybe come down in price a bit then that could be a good buy for you.
quaife/forged etc is good but if you want a straight looking unabused car then that would be the one i would go for even though its a standard rebuild thats not necessarily a bad thing. and it does look like hes really put some time and effort on that car.

and as we discovered the other day, invoices are sometimes not all that they may seem;-)

Chris1

That is a tidy R I must admit. But after a quick pm I still can't stretch to what he wants for it.
I'm thinking about stalking Martin (sadsack) untill he sells me his though lol.
Would be my top choice from what's out there at the moment.
All comes down to cash at the end of the day and my maximum wasn't quite enough for him.
The hunt continues......