Mr Overboooost

anyone got any of these fitted :?:
what are your thoughts on them :?:

cheers
gary

P

paulrandy

I've got them in mine.
They seem good, gave compression of 162psi accross the cylinders with a 1.2mm gasket. Had them for about 6k miles now, very quiet on startup compared to Je's etc. Gave 307bhp @ 1.2bar at powerstation with ebay manifold, front mount, a crappy excuse for a hybrid (360deg bearing and 1mm bigger than std compressor wheel) 20deg timing and standard fuelling.
They're coming out after christmas to change the rods for billets so i'll inspect them then.

M

Mr Overboooost

reason i ask is i have just destroyed my engine the other day so thought i would get some as i have heard some good reports on them plus they are so cheap :D

cheers
gary

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
Gary, I've fitted those to my rebuild, very impressed with the quality and a resonable price. Has Bren at Apex Performance got any sets left.

Who's doing the rebuild for you ??

M

Mr Overboooost

stevepudney said:
Gary, I've fitted those to my rebuild, very impressed with the quality and a resonable price. Has Bren at Apex Performance got any sets left.

Who's doing the rebuild for you ??

not sure if bren has got any left as i bought 3 sets yesterday :D
Ashford Motorsport are doing my rebuild for me at quite a good price aswell. 8)

cheers
gary

Mr GTiR

Do Wiseco pistons now come with the knotch (cut out) for the oil spray bars? When i ordered a set many moons ago they did not come with this knotch in the piston skirt.

Has Bren had a batch made up for the GTiR?

Apart from that very good build quality and cheap as chips :D