Wiring in a Air /Fuel Gauge

boucherie

im currently in the process of fitting new bits to the R, and have realised that i dont have any fitting instructions for the a/f gauge. Ive got a red wire which i imagine is the positive, a black one which should be the earth, and a blue one, but where abouts do i need to link this wire?
cheers

Shaun

:D Hi mate,the red and black wires are as you say and the blue wire goes to the LAMBDA Sensor wire on the ECU the location is pin19 and the wire colour is white :D

boucherie

kool, so all i need to do is 'piggyback' the blue wire to the white wire and then everything should be good??

Shaun

:D Hi mate,what i do is about 20mm away from the Ecu plug,trim about 10mm of sheath(the plasic bit covering the wire)all the way around the wire exposing the wire itself :!: Then trim 10mm of sheath off the end of the blue wire from your gauge,twist the exposed wire at the end of the blue wire around the exposed area on the white wire and then solder the two together an tape up with insulating tape 8) Jobs a goodun 8)

boucherie

sounds too good to be true!! next stupid question is where abouts is the ECU as i dont wana waste time looking around as ive got loads to do, and not long to do it!

Shaun

:D Under the centre console on the dash by your feet :D If you look by the clutch peddle there is a small plastic panel with 2 screws,take this off and you can get to the ECU :D Dont forget to remove the positive lead from the battery first mate and its easier to take the ECU from the passenger side 8)