will i need camber bolts

soin

hi, ive recently had some used koni adjustables with whiteline springs fitted to my R , the car is sitting way low at the front and the rear is pretty low.. ive already started to scrub out the insides of my new toyo proxes after 600 ish miles .. so im about to book the car in for a 4 wheel alignment, my question is .... will they be able to make all necesary adjustments using the standard camber bolts or will i need a set of the whitline camber bolts ? the koni s have tein adjustable topmounts on , cheers in advance

stu-gtir

those camber bolts are a bit of a nightmare to get right. It took me about two hours to get them spot on. i would keep the standard ones mate.

geetee

It'll be the toe that's scrubbing your tyres not the camber. When you lower it, the fronts toe out leading to the inside edge scrubbing.

When I put whiteline springs on mine I bought camber bolts as well but never fitted them, it turned out to have about -1 degree camber each side up front which is fine.

Cheers
Graham

soin

thanks for all replies , i ll see how they get on i guess , i thought id read some where that if the R s were lowered past a certain point that the factory bolts had to be changed as they were not adjustable enough .. cheers guys

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
Its what Graham has already said, toe kills tyres, camber will take thousands od miles to notice the difference. There are no standard camber bolts on the R, only toe is adjutable as stock.