whitleline suspension bushes?

S

str_motorsport

hi, i am going to fit a set of D" coilovers to my gti-r and i will also fit frreont and rear strutbraces,4 point lower brace,whiteline rear ARB and antilift kit.
i have also been offered a set of bushes for the rear suspension arms and for the rear subframe.
are they worth fitting or not?
any help would be great!
thanks
DAvid

skiddusmarkus

All [polybushes are worth fitting.I've had them done at the same time as Tein coilovers and the car is very communicative now.It's hard to say which it's down to the most though.
Polybushes are time consuming to fit though and if you're paying someone to do it then try and get a quote first.

S

str_motorsport

fortunatly i will fit them by myself, so fitting isn't a problem.
but i would like to here some experiences before ordring them.
if they are worth fitting and they improve the car feel i will fit them.
my bushes are 12 years old, so they may start wearing and becoming soft...
what about the rear subrframe bushes?
thanks
David

skiddusmarkus

Yes they're worth fitting.Your old bushes will be knackered by now.I fitted the subframe bushes too but as it was all done at the same time to savelabour costs I can''t say how much difference each component made.

Mr GTiR

David, if your doing them yourselve then fit them one at a time and drive the car each time to see how it feels.

Choice the same piece of road and try to do the same speed with every run to see how the car responds and feels.

S

str_motorsport

rear subframe bushes are easy to fit or i need to remove the complete subframe?

O

Odin

str_motorsport said:
rear subframe bushes are easy to fit or i need to remove the complete subframe?
Yeah there easy to fit David :wink: , It all depends what way you going to fit them really, I went for all round performance so you just un bolt the four subframe nuts and cups and put the bushes on them do it back up again :wink: .

If you want to fit one of the other way's there can go you will need to drop the front or rear of the subframe depending on how you want them.

Beware though the nuts are very very tight so you will need a big breaker bar and some very strong stands and level ground, We don't want you pulling the car off them do we :oops: .

rob