Which is it? SR20 DET FWD / RWD clutch

A

Anonymous

I've been looking on several price lists but two are listed for the SR20 DET, one FWD and one RWD. As people say the 200 clutch doesn't fit, I gather it must be the FWD one that does.

Can anyone confirm?

cmng

there is no FWD SR20DET turbo unless converted

all SR20DET is either RWD or AWD
which is 9.5" diameter on the clutch

A

Anonymous

In the US there is a SR20 DET powered FWD Silver according to this price list. I've been reading SRB Power's topics and I see from there they say that all S14 clutches fit except for the release bearing.

Anyone know what the problem is with the release bearing?

cmng

yes in US still is SR20DET FWD but not ORIGINAL SR20DET
it is converted SR20DET or TurboCharged SR20DE

the issue is on what car and what gearbox you want to fit on it ?

A

Anonymous

Well the price list I'm looking at for RPS, SPEC, ACT and CenterForce all list clutches for a FWD Silvia SR20DET, thus why I asked. Still reading the posts from SRB they say that all Pulsar clutches are actually S14 disks and cover plates with a Puslar bearing, so that's good enough for me.

Has anyone actually taken the time to read the Silvia forums? Seems a lot of people on there have had problems with both the RPS and ACT clutches causing crank walk and wearing out thrust bearings due to excessive clamp force!

I think I'll stick with SPEC clutches for now. We've been using them for years on the MR2's without problems.

cmng

Pulsar GTiR. Silvia SR20DET RWD clutch is all same
just the different is bearing
all is 9.5"

FWD SR20DE, SR20DE converted to T
all using 8.5"