Wheel Offset

Cathode

Does anyone know if the Pulsar can take a low ET20 fitment? I imagine it will probably be flush with the arches?

Last edited:

Cathode

Yeah, was afraid of that. Although my rears are 8j ET 35 with 10mm spacers and they only just about rub on really hard cornering since I rolled the arches.
Hmmm... I’ve got my eye on some wheels. 14” like standard but my other issue is whether they’ll clear my Wilwoods.

Thanks for this Andy.

Last edited:

Cathode

What size are your Wilwoods?
They are 4 pots if that’s what you mean? Currently on 16s and there is a lot of room between the top and bottom of calliper and inner rim but I just don’t know if it’s enough.

Last edited:

rfkdemon

It is usually the caliper clearance to the inside face of the wheel that is the issue. I run the same wilwood's on my MK1 Golf and ET37 is the minimum I can get away with and the spokes are very curved.

Mat

Cathode

It is usually the caliper clearance to the inside face of the wheel that is the issue. I run the same wilwood's on my MK1 Golf and ET37 is the minimum I can get away with and the spokes are very curved.

Mat
You're not wrong there but i'm hoping i can get a circle to fit into a square.

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
They are 4 pots if that’s what you mean? Currently on 16s and there is a lot of room between the top and bottom of calliper and inner rim but I just don’t know if it’s enough.
Any reason you want to go down in size wheel wise?

Cathode

Not really, only that I’ve kind of fallen in love with these wheels and I’m not too bothered that they are 14”. If it turns out to be a ball-ache I’ll just have to throw in the towel.

Last edited:

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
Just thinking of tyre options at 14" wheels?

Will there be any good brands/compunds at that size?

Cathode

I’m not sure yet. I would like to get some semi slicks in 14s if possible. I got someone on the case.

Last edited:

rfkdemon

Check my 15's yesterday for clearance and there is at least 15mm radial clearance so you might get away with it depending on where the wheel weights have to go.
I think it will depend if the offset is in the spoke or dish or mounting face as to if it will clear. If it is the spoke or mounting face you will potentially be ok.

Mat

Cathode

Check my 15's yesterday for clearance and there is at least 15mm radial clearance so you might get away with it depending on where the wheel weights have to go.
I think it will depend if the offset is in the spoke or dish or mounting face as to if it will clear. If it is the spoke or mounting face you will potentially be ok.

Mat
what calipers are you running?

Cathode

So, PCD 4 x 100 / 60mm centre bore (pulsar is 59.1?) ET 20. Inner rim is 300mm. I’m pretty sure the wilwoods will fit.

it’s just the ET that’s stopping me but currently my Rotas are ET 35 with 20mm spacers on the front and there’s no rubbing. I think I’ll get away with it on the front. No problems for caliper clearance on the back. Rears are 8j with 10mm spacers with a negative camber of about 5mm and there’s nearly no rubbing at all. I think with a slimmer tyre I could get away with this.
famous last words.

I think I‘m going to make an offer.

Cathode

Silly billy, they fit but the calliper will scrape. So I bought the same wheels again in a 15” et35. These will definitely fit. So the 14s are either going back or I’m going to have to flog them probably at a loss.

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
Silly billy, they fit but the calliper will scrape. So I bought the same wheels again in a 15” et35. These will definitely fit. So the 14s are either going back or I’m going to have to flog them probably at a loss.
Hopefully you can send them back without much hassle!