what power should my gtir be making? should i remap?

skiddusmarkus

Edited my post to add why, its in a gtir not a diesel :p.

I also train people at work to get more mpg which helps.Over the past few weeks have got 3 drivers from 17-18mpg starting to between 42-45mpg finish and one from starting 37mpg to finish of 48mpg within just a few hours instruction.That was in a 2.5l turbo diesel van.

Last edited:

red reading

everything you said is 100% accurate, i just saying if he is happy with 330 bhp then thats as far as you can go with std injectors and maf anyways, a motec is just a bit extreme, but on the other hand when people get used to 300 - 330 bhp they always want more

I'm on about nistune not motec

STU666V

if you want to see what a standard engine can do the one i'm building in the workshop at the moment is heading to scotland to go in a fwd car and will be pushing over 400bhp at 1.2-1.3bar. Boost pressure just means there is something holding back the airflow into the engine.. And as for rishi and the others that gave up ask them why...........because they paid tuners to experiment with there money! Which ment that the cars were never finished.

Old school may have worked but is it reliable.........not always,And would you rather spend a few quid more on setup or a whole lot of money buying a new engine?
You sending me a spare engine ;-)
Thats very good of you :)

gtir_pimp

if i were you i would ring ed and tell him what you want and he will advise you whats best. and can supply and fit all the bits you need. do not cut corners and do things on the cheap whatever happens!

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
if you want to see what a standard engine can do the one i'm building in the workshop at the moment is heading to scotland to go in a fwd car and will be pushing over 400bhp at 1.2-1.3bar.
How standard is standard? Anything uprated on the engine itself or just ancillaries like turbo/maf/injectors? I've forgot how many people in the past have just said you can't just bolt stuff on and expect 400+ (not that I've ever believed it, well, not until I try and fail myself)

John

BCR8s or whatever they are called (always forget the exact model no) for the plugs and the injectors completely depend on what your plans are now or in the future, 550cc evo injectors "should" be fine for about 330bhp but then if you plan on ever going bigger turbo wise or want extra leway on your injector duty then maybe 700cc's would be advisable.

MarkTurbo

I've forgot how many people in the past have just said you can't just bolt stuff on and expect 400+
With the exception of an hks headgasket mine is all bolt on stuff on standard internals. Not sure on power as I don't really care about dyno figures but its making pretty much whatever a Q45 maf maxes out at.