What clutch to go for?

STU666V

Looking into a new clutch, Has anyone tried these clutches? and what like are they?
What one should i go for?
Info at the bottom.

We offer the Max Street organic rated to 475lbft at £320 inc vat, and the
Max Puck paddle rated to 550lbft at £360 inc vat. Cover and plate are
provided by RPS, a new Nissan bearing is provided FREE from us.
We also have the CYN-R-G segmented flywheel at £325, or £275 when purchased
with either of the above clutches.

Thanks for any help.

Lionel

Hi Stu,

Yes these clutchs are great i have fitted loads and sell a good number to.

Id say you could get a JUN flywheel for a lot cheeper say £280.00.

Lionel.

youngsyp

These clutches come highly recommended from a number of users on here.

Personally, I think the organic plate kit would be the best for all but the very highest power cars. 475 lb's/ft of torque is a hell of a lot, I've not seen many, if any GTiR's get close to that.
The organic kit will be much more user friendly for general, everyday use !

gunmetalgtir

I wouldn't recomend the clutch, had nothing but trouble from it when I bought it. Badly designed in my opinion as it's more or less a standard disc with the heaviest pressure plate possible! I take it thats a quote from SRB power? Wouldn't recomend buying it from them either, as I had loads of trouble from them when I tried to return faulty goods that they refused to give me my money back on!!

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
I use the Max organic on a 400ish hp car. There were some fitting issus that needed a little re-engineering to fit properly but I believe you can force the problem bolts too. I bought mine from SRB and they were alright.

The clutch is no where near as sharp as my old twin plate solid disc superclutch which I sometimes miss but overall it does the job well.

EVOBAD

just get yourself exedy or helix clutch they fit with no problems & are at a very good price of £200

gunmetalgtir

campbellju said:
I use the Max organic on a 400ish hp car. There were some fitting issus that needed a little re-engineering to fit properly but I believe you can force the problem bolts too. I bought mine from SRB and they were alright.

The clutch is no where near as sharp as my old twin plate solid disc superclutch which I sometimes miss but overall it does the job well.

The clutch shouldn't need to be altered to fit if it's specific for the GTIR. SRB were alright with me as well when I was buying something from them, as soon as I made them aware that what I bought from them was faulty they started ignoring my phone calls, saying they would call me back and not doing it and ignoring my letters. Biggest bunch of w@nks I have ever delt with and would not recommend buying anything from them!!

EVOBAD

thats like all firms mate ther as nice as pie when buying then when prolems come along they dont seem to rember much:roll: as long as they get ther money after that they dont care a shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

O

Odin

campbellju said:
my old twin plate solid disc superclutch which I sometimes miss but overall it does the job well.

:thumbsup: Thanks Jim, I just had it rebuilt with new plates and cover springs ;-) .

Rob

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
Yeh, even the organic plates gave it a lovely direct feeling to a gear change even when driving casually. Hope your as a happy as I was with it when I wasn't melting it stuck in traffic :doh::cry:

Braveheart

I was holding off for a greddy clutch. It was meant to be new to the range but did not materialise (greddy tough clutch).
So I have just bought the RPS max street and rps flywheel from SRP.
The fly wheel looks the bizz but as gunmetal mentioned, the preasure plate looks like the standard with another ring of preasure leafs fitted over the existing.
Anyway, it's in getting fitted now and I'll let you know how it performs when I get the car back.
SRB were fine to deal with. Fast delivery and well packaged.
I have not tried to return anything yet though....

O

Odin

campbellju said:
I wasn't melting it stuck in traffic :doh::cry:

See we don't have bad traffic jams up this way fella, But if I ever do get stuck in a big one I'll pull off and let it clear first.

Rob