What Clutch For Curcuit Racing?

P

pulsarboby

has anyone had any dealings with techniclutch on ebay? they are selling organic fast road clutch for £195. my car which im rebuilding to race next year is all stripped down but evidentally the clutch was new before i got my hands on it (organic) but i have noticed the outer edge of the drive plate has started to break up and i had only done one trackday in it before gearbox blew up! this is surely not quite right so i will need a new clutch.
i will be running a standard box and i was told that the paddle clutches put a lot more strain on the gearing (is this true?) and that im better off using a organic clutch!
looked through the searches but everyone seems to have conflicting opinions on clutches.
car will be running possibly in excess of 400bhp although i will drop boost and go for reliability as opposed to balls out speed, so say around 320-340 mark!
will also remove quickshift as this provokes more aggressive style of driving, which i firmly believe was the cause of my other box going bang, the throw isnt long on standard anyway!
so whats best clutch to get then chaps? try and all come up with same ideas please, and make life simple for me:)

O

Odin

I would of thought that a paddle would be ok for circuit racing because your not launching it all the time, And will give you a far better performance for longer...

I'd go with one that has at least 6 paddles like my spec clutch which is rated at 464 ft Lb's , I would not use anything from AP or Exedy for anything other than paper weights lol....

Rob

fubar andy

Moderator & N/W Rep
Staff member
I've just done a track day at Donnignton and I was using the RPS Street Max clutch. I was very pleased with it and it held itself very well with no slipping throughout the day.

They claim that the Street Max will hold around 475lbf for an organic. Although i'm not as high as that, with all the stick I’ve given it and launches, it not let me down.

Only thing really it that’s its tiresome round town with its heavy feeling, apart from that there great and on the track you shouldn't have any problems.

P

pulsarboby

R called Jay said:
What ever you decide, stay well clear of techni clutch![/quote

they did sound a bit on the cheap side! what happened to yours then, and was it organic or paddle?

PaulB

you get what you pay for, im just in the process of fitting an rps street max and loving the reviews :)