What Bore For Headgasket?

B

beast14

Here's The Deal:

I Need Some Advice Urgently, Cause I Need An Answer By The Morning....lol
I've Got Cp Pistons 86.5mm Bore.
Need To Buy Metal Headgasket But Not Sure What Bore To Get.
Should I Go With The Same Bore Or Probably One That's Little Bigger Eg. 87mm, 87.5mm Or 88mm?
Fyi-the Thickness I'll Be Getting Is 1.2mm
I Have The Following Options:
Greddy, Je, Wiseco, Cometic...

Rgds,
Maurice

F

Fusion Ed

Usually you would go for very slightly over. You DEFINATELY DO NOT want it to be any smaller.

Ed

O

Odin

Just buy the head gasket for 87mm pistons and you will be fine, I think it comes in at 88mm anyway, Its not rocket science dude ;-) :thumbsup: ....

Rob

P

pulsarboby

this post has just clarified something:shock:
ive made a huge fcukup!!! i fitted a 1.2mm (standard steel) head gasket hks to my rebuilt engine but its been bored out to 87mm with weisco forge pistons:doh:
will leave it as it is and hope that its all ok,
please slate me badly rob as i deserve every bit of it:der: im a bloody mechanic aswell how could i have been so utterly thick and stupid, think im gonna go and give myself a damned good beating now:frusty:

F

Fusion Ed

did the gasket actually cause a lip in the engine bore? That is what you really dont want as it will cause heating around this area, and all sorts of nasty things.. If so sorry to say I would probably rip it out and do it right rather than waiy for something to go wrong..

P

pulsarboby

i cant tell now as the heads all bolted on and engines ready to go back in.
im gonna just have to leave it and hope for the best, if it goes wrong i will have to rip the head off again and do it again.
does anybody know the bore diameter of a standard hks gasket? is it 86mm or slightly over?

P

pulsarboby

are you sure about that mr troll? if thats right, then i should be ok

T

tro||

nah, i just made it up cos i like talking out of my a hole :roll: :lol: :thumbsup: :lol:

P

pulsarboby

so that means your 100% sure,:thumbsup: which in my book makes you a top man, and means that i will get away with my hideous blunder:-D
nice one mr troll, owe you a beer when i meet up with you one day:thumbsup:

T

tro||

of course im 100% sure, suprised you even doubted me..lol

hks have one style of gasket listed for sr20det (stopper type)

87.5mm for gtir
88mm for sx

still, you can take the head off and measure it if you want..lol..will give you something to do on a rainy day